Note to Self…Kale.
“MILK GIVES YOU STRONG BONES”
MYTH DEBUNKED – Why the dairy industry doesn’t campaign the strong bones mantra anymore:
The truth is the dairy industry never had the science to prove this claim. When research was requested to prove that animal milk (such as cow’s/goat’s/sheep’s, etc. milk) gives humans strong bones, they quickly discovered that animal milk consumption actually does the opposite – it depletes the body from calcium.
How does animal milk deplete your body from calcium?
Like all animal protein, animal milk acidifies the body pH which in turn triggers a biological correction, and it turns out that calcium is an excellent acid neutralizer. The biggest storage of calcium in the body is obviously in the bones. So the very same calcium that our bones need to stay strong is utilized to neutralize the acidifying effect of animal milk. Once calcium is pulled out of the bones, it leaves the body via the urine so that the surprising net result after this is an actual calcium deficit and possible kidney stones. Knowing this, you will understand why statistics show that countries with the lowest consumption of dairy products also have the lowest fracture incidence in their population.
Watch the trailer for the Milk Documentary here:www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m6VErjH5VY
See some of the dairy alternatives in the US here (not in the US? Let us know so we can help):http://tinyurl.com/d6nxogj
Educate & Grow.
Makes 12 squares
Chewy No-Bake Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Granola Bars (vegan)
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup honey/agave
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup unsalted, roasted peanuts
- 3/4 – 1 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- Package of dark chocolate chips
- Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with parchment paper
- Combine oats through peanut butter in a large bowl and mix until well combined
- Press combined ingredients into prepared pan and put in the the refrigerator for at least 60 minutes [I did mine overnight]
- Heat package of dark chocolate chips on the stovetop in a small pot until just melted; stirring vigorously the entire time, being careful not to burn the chocolate
- Immediately pour chocolate over cooled, set bar base then place back into the fridge to allow the chocolate to set [again, I did this overnight]
- Once cooled, slice into 12 squares then wrap individually with plastic wrap